All CCPS coaches need the following classes in order to be eligible to coach a team at La Plata HS.
Coaches Contact Registration – Coaches only
1) Athletic Care and Prevention Course – See your Athletic Director for dates and times. (Must be completed in first 2 years of coaching)
Start Date: August 9 and August 10, 2019
Event: Care & Prevention of Athletic Injuries (1 CPD credit toward recertification)
Location: Jesse L. Starkey Administration Building, Staff Development Room, La Plata, MD
Time: Friday, August 9, 5 – 9 p.m. and Saturday, August 10, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Description: This course will provide participants with the knowledge and basic skills to recognize athletic injuries and treat them appropriately. The course fulfills the basic requirement for coaches in any public school
for the state of Maryland, and is specifically designed for athletic coaches.
Instructor(s): Todd Wogamon, ATC
Comment: There are limited seats for attendees, please be courteous and let us know if you need to
cancel your registration. Typically there is a waiting list and we would like the opportunity to fill your vacated seat.
Audience: Athletic Coaches
To Register: http://registration.ccboe.com Login instructions are on that page.
Charles County staff login with email credentials. Non-ccboe employees follow the instructions to browse the public catalog and create your own login.
Special Notes: For questions please contact Annemarie Murphy
Participants are on their own for lunch
2) Concussion class from the http://nfhslearn.com/ website. (Class needs to be taken each year)
3) Heat Illness Prevention from the http://nfhslearn.com/ website. (Class needs to be taken each year)
4) Sudden Cardiac Arrest from the http://nfhslearn.com/ website. (Class needs to be taken each year)
Classes offered on the http://nfhslearn.com/ website are offered free of charge. Please sign up for the course and place it into your account. The price will reflect $0.00. Proceed to your cart and purchase. Certificates of completion must be turned into your Athletic Director prior to the start of each season.
5) CPR and First Aid – Required every 2 years (See your Athletic Director for dates and times offered in the county. CPR Classes for this upcoming year are as follows…
CPR class will be offered on Aug 8 2019, October 21 2019, and February 26 2020 at 4:00pm in A109-A110 at St Charles HS