All CCPS coaches need the following classes in order to be eligible to coach a team at La Plata HS.
Coaches Contact Registration – Coaches only
1) Athletic Care and Prevention Course – See your Athletic Director for dates and times. (Must be completed in first 2 years of coaching)
New Athletic Care and Prevention Refresher Course – Required SY 2020-2021 – THIS IS FOR ALL COACHES WHO HAVE ALREADY COMPLETED THE ATHLETIC CARE AND PREVENTION (MUST HAVE REFRESHER COURSE EVERY 5 YEARS) – https://nfhslearn.com/courses/61184/maryland-state-component
2) Concussion class from the http://nfhslearn.com/ website. (Class needs to be taken each year)
3) Heat Illness Prevention from the http://nfhslearn.com/ website. (Class needs to be taken each year)
4) Sudden Cardiac Arrest from the http://nfhslearn.com/ website. (Class needs to be taken each year)
5) New Care and Prevention Refresher Course – Needed every 5 years after the original Care and Prevention Course. https://nfhslearn.com/courses/61184/maryland-state-component
Classes offered on the http://nfhslearn.com/ website are offered free of charge. Please sign up for the course and place it into your account. The price will reflect $0.00. Proceed to your cart and purchase. Certificates of completion must be turned into your Athletic Director prior to the start of each season.
5) CPR and First Aid – Required every 2 years (See your Athletic Director for dates and times offered in the county. CPR Classes for this upcoming year are as follows…