All CCPS coaches need the following classes in order to be eligible to coach a team at La Plata HS.
Coaches Contact Registration – Coaches only
New Athletic Care and Prevention Refresher Course – Required SY 2020-2021 – https://nfhslearn.com/courses/61184/maryland-state-component
Care and Prevention Class in St Marys County – Click Here –
St. Mary’s County Public Schools, in partnership with ProFlex Physical Therapy will offer a course on the Care and Prevention of Athletic Injuries from 5:00 – 9:00 p.m. on Friday, January 31, 2020, and 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. on Saturday, February 1, 2020. The course will be held in the Media Center at Leonardtown High School, 23995 Point Lookout Rd, Leonardtown, MD 20650. Participants must attend both classes in their entirety in order to receive the MSDE credit for the course. You will need to wear comfortable clothes for both classes. You will need to bring pre-wrap and tape for the practical sessions, as well as note-taking materials.
To reserve a spot in the course register online at: http://tinyurl.com/CPAIC2020
Course registration is not complete until payment of $20.00 via check has been received. Mail the form below along with a check for $20.00 made payable to “MPSSAA District 4”. There are 30 slots available for this course on a first come, first served basis. Remember, registration is not complete until online registration is completed and course payment has been received.
Note: To retain eligibility, all athletic coaches must have completed this course within a year from first being employed.
1) Athletic Care and Prevention Course – See your Athletic Director for dates and times. (Must be completed in first 2 years of coaching)
Start Date: August 9 and August 10, 2019
Event: Care & Prevention of Athletic Injuries (1 CPD credit toward recertification)
Location: Jesse L. Starkey Administration Building, Staff Development Room, La Plata, MD
Time: Friday, August 9, 5 – 9 p.m. and Saturday, August 10, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Description: This course will provide participants with the knowledge and basic skills to recognize athletic injuries and treat them appropriately. The course fulfills the basic requirement for coaches in any public school
for the state of Maryland, and is specifically designed for athletic coaches.
Instructor(s): Todd Wogamon, ATC
Comment: There are limited seats for attendees, please be courteous and let us know if you need to
cancel your registration. Typically there is a waiting list and we would like the opportunity to fill your vacated seat.
Audience: Athletic Coaches
To Register: http://registration.ccboe.com Login instructions are on that page.
Charles County staff login with email credentials. Non-ccboe employees follow the instructions to browse the public catalog and create your own login.
Special Notes: For questions please contact Annemarie Murphy
Participants are on their own for lunch
2) Concussion class from the http://nfhslearn.com/ website. (Class needs to be taken each year)
3) Heat Illness Prevention from the http://nfhslearn.com/ website. (Class needs to be taken each year)
4) Sudden Cardiac Arrest from the http://nfhslearn.com/ website. (Class needs to be taken each year)
5) New Care and Prevention Refresher Course – Needed every 5 years after the original Care and Prevention Course. https://nfhslearn.com/courses/61184/maryland-state-component
Classes offered on the http://nfhslearn.com/ website are offered free of charge. Please sign up for the course and place it into your account. The price will reflect $0.00. Proceed to your cart and purchase. Certificates of completion must be turned into your Athletic Director prior to the start of each season.
5) CPR and First Aid – Required every 2 years (See your Athletic Director for dates and times offered in the county. CPR Classes for this upcoming year are as follows…